SCADA Engineer (m/w/d) - Gigafactory Berlin-Brandenburg
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla’s incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
As a SCADA engineer, your duties focus on designing, configuring, and deploying SCADA systems using Ignition in an automotive manufacturing environment. You will assist in deploying our standard SCADA solution to new manufacturing lines. You will support various teams of engineers and maintenance personnel in developing, training, and troubleshooting tasks. You will also be developing updates, new features, and improvements as we migrate from 7.9 Vision to 8.1 Perspective.
- Meeting with various shop teams and supporting them in getting their SCADA system running
- Troubleshooting scripts, SQL queries, OPC connection issues, network issues, etc.
- Coordinating tasks with Controls Engineers and reporting current progress in Jira
- Work with a wide array of technologies from equipment PLCs /robots to high level IT applications and system.
- Investigating documented and undocumented systems to understand their functionality
- Prioritizing tasks on time requirement and urgency
- Handling support requests
- Investigating Siemens PLC code to understand and improve the data being sent to SCADA
- At least 3 years of Ignition experience
- Mid Python experience: Good understanding of best practices, Develop code that is readable, maintainable, and extensible
- Basic familiarity with CSS and HTML and responsive web design
- Ignition Perspective experience
- Familiarity with Kafka a plus
- Basic Linux experience
- Basic SQL experience (MySQL)
- Understanding of PLC communication (OPC-UA )
- Good debugging/ troubleshooting skills
- Networking and general IT knowledge
- Ability to work on their own to find answers and solutions
- Good documentation skills for work performed, how to guides, tutorials, etc.
- Siemens PLC (TIA portal 16) experience
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Degree as Bachelor / Master / Dipl.-Ing. (TH / FH) specializing in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Docker experience a plus
What we offer
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Gigafactory where you’ll solve the world’s most interesting problems with the best and brightest people who share a passion to change the world. Tesla’s compensation package includes competitive salary and Tesla shares or bonusses. Typical benefits that are offered are a pension program, 30 vacation days, employee insurances, relocation and commuting support.